Hello all! Only one day until the weekend! Woohoo!
Following on from my previous post, I’ve almost been a week without pasta, rice, potato, bread or oats. *self hi-5* I am already feeling a lot better but because pretty much all breakfast foods have tonnes of carbs, I had to whip up this delicious slice to have for breakfast. Because I’m on the go all day, and up pretty early, I have to be prepared otherwise I’m in a bit of a pickle at 5.30am during the week. I like to pack heaps of veggies into my diet so this slice is full of them!
Zucchini and Carrot Slice
10 large mushrooms
6 cherry tomatoes
4 rashers bacon
1/2 cup cheese
1/3 cup flour
1. Grate zucchini and carrot and mix in a bowl. Slice mushrooms, shallots and bacon and combine with grated vegetables.
2. Sprinkle garlic and chilli (as much or as little as you like), then mix through flour.
3. Beat eggs in a separate bowl and mix into the vegetables.
4. Pour into a greased rectangle baking dish and sprinkle cheese on top. Halve cherry tomatoes and push into the slice, 4 across and 3 down.
5. Bake in oven for 40 min and let cool in fridge before slicing.
Voilà! A delicious vegetable slice that makes 12 generous slices. You don’t have to include the tomatoes but I think they make it look pretty! And also, I apologise for the lack of photos but I sliced and wrapped the slices up before taking a photo, oopsie! Send me a picture if you make it yourself! I’d love to see other people try my recipes!
Have a great Friday and don’t forget to keep an eye out for my Sunday post, I’ll try and post it a bit earlier in the day than last weeks!